Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is being conducted from 2004 to provide admissions to M.Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, etc. Programmes at the IITs and Integrated PhD Degree Programmes at IISc for consolidating Science as a career option for bright students. These postgraduate programmes at IITs and IISc offer high-quality education in their respective disciplines, comparable to the best in the world. The curricula for these programmes are designed to provide opportunities for the students to develop academic talent leading to a challenging and rewarding professional life.
Latest Ongoing Events:
04 Sep 2018 – IIT JAM 2019 JOAPS Portal has been activated for the candidates, Enrolled Now for JAM 2019 Exam – Click Here.
01 Sep 2018 – JAM 2019 Information Brochure has been released, Read it here. The JAM 2019 Registration will be started from September 05, 2018.
JAM 2019 Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor Degree Programmes at INDIAN INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY
BHUBANESWAR | BOMBAY | DELHI | DHANBAD | GANDHINAGAR | GUWAHATI | HYDERABAD | INDORE | JODHPUR | KANPUR | MADRAS | PATNA | ROORKEE | ROPAR | VARANASI & Integrated PhD Programmes at INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE, BANGALORE
Important dates of JAM 2019 is given below.
|JAM 2019 Events||JAM 2019 Dates|
|JAM 2019 Information Brochure & Official Website launch||11 Aug 2018|
|JAM 2019 Online Registration Starts||04 Sep 2018|
|JAM 2019 Online Registration Last||10 Oct 2018|
|JAM 2019 Admit Card||04 Jan 2019|
|JAM 2019 Mock Test||10 Jan 2019|
|JAM 2019 Exam Date||10 Feb 2019|
|JAM 2019 Result||20 Mar 2019|
|Submission of JAM 2019 Admission Form||11 Apr 2019|
|Last date to submit JAM 2019 Admission Form||24 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of Admission List||To be announced!|
JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of the percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2019.
At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
a) It will entirely be the responsibility of the Candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission.
b) The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
JAM 2019 Registration – Apply Online!
- Candidates can apply for JAM 2019 only through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link available at the website
- The facility for Online Registration and Application is available through the website http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in from September 04, 2018
- A candidate has to first register on JOAPS website, by providing his/her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password.
Click Here to apply online for JAM 2019
JAM 2019 Application Fee for One Test Paper
- Female ( All Categories) / SC / ST / PWD – 750/-
- All Other – 1500/-
JAM 2019 Application Fee for Two Test Paper
- Female ( All Categories) / SC / ST / PWD – 1050/-
- All Other – 2100
JOAPS provides an online interface to the candidate for interacting with the JAM Administration. With this interface, a candidate can:
- Apply for the examination online
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc
- Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes
- Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit card ready for download, etc.
- Download Admit Card
- View your answers, marks and JAM score
- Download JAM scorecard
- Submission of application for Admission
JAM 2019 Exam Pattern
The JAM 2019 Examination for all the seven test papers will be carried out as an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) where the candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence on a computer screen. For all the seven test papers, the duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The medium for all the test papers will be English only. There will be a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire paper will be divided into three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section will be of different types as given below:
Section–A contains a total of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. Candidates can mark the answer by clicking the choice.
Section–B contains a total of 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) carrying two marks each. Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit only if he/she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. Candidates can mark the answer(s) by clicking the choice(s)
Section–C contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these types of questions.
In all sections, questions not attempted will result in zero marks. In Section-A (MCQ), the wrong answer will result in negative marks. For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly, for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted. In Section-B (MSQ), there are no negative and no partial marking provisions. There is no negative marking in Section-C (NAT) as well.
JAM 2019 Admit Card
- An Admit Card, bearing the Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied, along with the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted,
- JAM 2019 Admit Card will be available for download from JOAPS website from January 4, 2019, until the Examination Date.
- Admit Cards will not be sent by post/E-mail. The Candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card for all the entries made therein
- In case of any discrepancy, the Candidate should inform the Organizing Chairperson, JAM 2019, IIT Kharagpur immediately
- If a candidate is not able to download his/her Admit Card, then the Chairperson JAM of the respective IISc/IIT
- under which the first choice Test City/Town of the candidate falls, may be contacted through Phone/Fax/E-mail, and provide the Online Enrolment ID, Name, E-mail ID, Mobile Number, Mailing Address and City Code of the desired Test Centre (first choice) to get information about the Registration Number and the Name of the Test Centre allotted.
- A printout of the downloaded Admit Card must be brought to the Test Centre along with the original and valid photo identification.
- The candidate has to give the details of this ID proof while filling the online application
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in JAM 2019 examination without a valid Admit Card, and a valid and original ID.
- The Admit Card should be presented to the invigilators/JAM officials for verification
JAM 2019 Result / Merit List / Rank List
For each test paper in JAM 2019, an All India Rank (AIR) will be assigned to all the appeared candidates based on their performance in the test paper.
Tie-Breaking: The tie-breaking criterion for awarding the ranks to candidates scoring the same aggregate marks in a test paper will be as follows: The candidate with a higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be given a higher rank. If this criterion fails to break ties, the concerned candidates will be awarded the same rank.
The results (merit lists) will be declared on March 20, 2019 (Wednesday). The results will be available on the website: http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in. For each test paper, an All India Merit list will be prepared based on AIR. The number of candidates included in the All India Merit List will depend on the total number of seats available in each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in a given subject. These candidates (henceforth called Qualified Candidates) are eligible to apply for admission to any of the corresponding academic programmes available at IITs and the IISc (see Appendix-I) Please note that the number of category-wise (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) candidates included in the All India Merit List will be based on the category declared by the candidates in their application. The Score Card (indicating the All India Rank(s) and the mark(s) obtained by the candidate) will be available for download from the JAM 2019 website from April 05, 2019 to July 31, 2019, for qualified candidates.