Dr. B.R Ambedkar Open University Hyderabad was initially known as Andhra Pradesh Open University has released admission notification for the Undergraduate Programmes (BA BSc BCom) in the academic year 2018-19. Candidates who are interested in applying for BRAOU UG Admission 2018 can apply online, link to apply for BRAOU UG programmes are given below.
Latest Update – BRAOU UG Admission 2018 has started, to apply Click Here.
The Important Schedule is given below for BRAOU UG Admission 2018
|BRAOU UG Admission 2018 Events||BRAOU UG Admission 2018 Schedule|
|Last date to apply (without late fee)||09 Aug 2018|
|Last date to apply (with late fee 200/-)||12 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of counselling||Sep 2018|
|Last date of counselling||Nov 2018|
Eligibility criteria of BRAOU UG Admission 2018 are given below, candidates are advised to read eligibility criteria carefully before apply online for BRAOU UG Admission 2018
Admission to UG Programmes are made from two streams as given below:
1.Eligibility Test Stream: Candidates who have completed 18 years of age by 1st July 2018 and have passed the Eligibility Test conducted by Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University in 2018.
2.Direct Admission Stream: Candidates who have passed:
a) The Intermediate or its equivalent examination; or
b) 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) / AP Open School
c) The two-year ITI or two-year vocational course after S.S.C. and other
examinations as mentioned in Annexure – I in the prospectus, or
d) The pass outs of Eligibility Test from 2014 to 2018.
Medium of Instruction
A student can study in BRAOU under UG Programme (BA BCom BSc) in Telugu or English Medium as per his/ her choice.
Duration of the Programme
The minimum duration of the U.G. Programme under Choice Based Credit System (B.A., B.Com., and B.Sc.) is three years and the maximum period is SIX years from the year of Admission. On expiry of the sixth year, the student whosoever left with backlogs
may seek readmission for another three years on payment of requisite fee. If a student
takes readmission immediately after 6 years, the duration of readmission period will be 3 years. If he takes readmission after 7 years, the duration of readmission period will be 2 years. Similarly, if a student takes readmission after 8 years the duration of readmission period will be one year only.
How to Apply
- Enter into the portal of BRAOU (www.braouonline.in)
- First, Click on UG Direct Admission, UG First Year Online Registration Form.
- Enter the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as recorded in SSC Memo.
- Enter Mother’s Name as shown in Ration Card / Aadhaar Card.
- Select the Gender to which you belong.
- Select your marital status to which you belong.
- Enter Aadhaar Number.
- After completing personal details, start entering the details under the Address for
- Correspondence by entering House No., Street / Colony, Village / Mandal / Town / City, District, State and PIN Code, Mobile No. (Compulsory) and e-mail ID (if available). If you don’t have the mobile number of your own, at least provide mobile number of your parents or relatives or friends.
- Select your medium of study, out of two media i.e., English & Telugu.
- Under Study Centre to be opted, you come across two fields i.e., District and Study Centre location.
- First click on the District, you get a list of 23 districts. Then select the district in which you intend to study.
- Then click on the next field i.e., Study Centre. You will find a list of Study Centers existing in the district. Select one of the study centres where you want to study.
- Now move on to Sl. No. 5 Modern Indian Language and select one of the languages
i.e., Telugu, Hindi, Urdu and Functional English.
- Select your Educational Qualification among the list of qualifications appearing under this head.
- Choose your religion to which you belong to out of Hindu, Muslim, Christian and others.
- Select the Social Status to which you belong from the list provided i.e., SC, ST,
BC-A, BC-B, BC-C, BC-D, BC-E, OBC and OC.
- Select the employment status among the categories viz., Employed, Self Employed and Un-employed.
- Select the option to which you are associated with under the category of Occupation viz., Housewife, Agricultural Labourer, Labourer, Skilled Worker, Teacher, Businessman, Ministerial Service, Nurses, Politician, Defence and
- Select either ‘YES’ or ‘NO’ under the Differently Abled head. If you click ‘YES’ then
you will find the category of Physically Challenged, Visually Challenged and Hearing
Impaired. Select appropriate category to which you belonged to.
- Under this head, select the area in which you are residing i.e., Urban, Rural and
- In respect of photo and signature, paste your passport size colour photograph on
a white paper and put your signature below the photo. Scan both the photo and
signature. Then upload it to the online application.
- At this stage, you need to ensure that all the entries made in the above application are true to the best of your knowledge. Only after ensuring yourself that all the entries made are correct, then only, click on ‘Submit’ to take print out of the Application Form in two sets. The print out of this Application Form comes out with an application number. Put your signature in the box provided on the left-hand side, below the declaration in the Application form.
- Now, go to the study centre along with necessary certificates in original (i.e., Date of Birth, Caste, Qualification etc.) and a set of attested copies thereof. You have to submit Application Form along with one set of attested copies of certificates at the study centre. After the verification of certificates by the study centre staff, you are directed to make the Fee Payment. For payment of a fee, you will also receive an SMS from University. Now you can pay the prescribed Tuition Fee of Rs. 2000/- along with 150/- towards Registration fee (Total Fee Rs. 2150) through TS / AP Online Centre or Debit / Credit Card.
- Once the payment of fee is made through TS / AP online or credit card/debit card, a receipt will be generated with Admission number, confirming your admission. It is instructed to the student to collect his / her identity card from Study Centre either at the time of collecting course material or at the commencement of contact cum-counselling
classes without fail.
- The student is also advised to keep a printed copy of Application Form along with Fee
receipt till the Programme is completed and all certificates are taken from the
Students are informed that once the fee is paid it will not be refunded in any circumstances. The fee for the First Year U.G. Programme is Rs. 2,000. You should pay the fee through TS / AP online centre or through debit card/credit card. If you pay fee through TS / AP online or debit card/credit card, you will get a receipt with details of your
admission number, an amount paid and your name.
Guidelines for the payment of Tuition Fee through online for the first year Under Graduate Programme (ET – 2018)
Note: Note that the students who appeared for Entrance Test 2018, will get a major part
of information from the university portal once they enter their hall ticket number. They
only need to fill the remaining information like Medium of Study, Study Centre opted,
Modern Indian Language and optional subject.
Step – I
The candidate shall visit the portal of BRAOU (www.braouonline.in) and click on the application and access the Form. The candidate on his own can fill all the fields in the
Application online and upload it with the photo and signature. He should then take a
print out of the filled & uploaded Application Form. While taking the print out of the filled
in and uploaded Form, it comes out with an application number. The student should take
two copies of printouts – one to submit at study centre and another to retain with him.
Step – II
The candidate, along with the printout and all required certificates – Eligibility Test 2018, Intermediate, Date of Birth / SSC, Caste Certificate, School TC etc., should go to the study centre where he/she wants to pursue his / her studies. He / She should submit a copy of Application Form along with copies of Certificates at the study centre. After verifying the Application Form and certificates, if the candidate is found eligible, the Coordinator / Asst. Director / Deputy Director of the Study Centre sends SMS to the University server or sends a message through the internet, confirming his admission. On receipt of the SMS from the Coordinator, the university server sends a confirmation message with payment details to the candidate and also to the Coordinator / Asst. Director / Deputy Director. Now, the candidate is allowed to pay the fee either at AP Online Centre or through debit/credit card
Step – III
On payment of a requisite fee by the candidate on the application number either in
AP Online or through debit/credit card, a receipt will be generated with the details of
admission number, optionally chosen, amount, date etc. The student will also receive
SMS with admission number, confirming the receipt of a fee. ID cards will be generated at the University Head Quarters and sent to study centre. The cards will be issued to the students at the study centre only. The course material will also be distributed at the study centres.
Tentative Year Schedule (UG – I, II, and III Year)
BRAOU UG Contact Details
BRAOU UG contact details are given below, if any student have any qyery they can enquire using following contact numbers.